Best shampoo for grey hair & the best gray hair products
Did you dye your hair gray? Would you like to keep the color longer? Or is gray hair coming out and you want to give it a fabulous personality? Whatever the situation is, you need gray hair products that satisfy your needs and keep up with an extraordinary gray hair color.
It is indispensable to use shampoos and hair treatments that nourish your hair and avoid the predisposition to dryness. Another benefit of using a shampoo for grey hair is that it offsets the yellow hue. This is particularly advantageous for those who want to get rid of that yellowish tone. The secret is to use a complementary color which neutralizes its opposite on the color wheel. The opposite color to yellow is violet, so gray hair shampoos typically include purple pigments in its formula. We recommend leaving the shampoo in the hair a few minutes before rinsing.
How do I pick the best shampoo for grey hair?
Gray hair is no longer considered a dreadful sign of aging. Nowadays it can be elegant and attractive when it is healthy and well treated. Gray hair does not have to be dry, brittle and dull. With the right shampoos and conditioners, gray hair can be classy and beautiful. Choose the proper shampoo for gray hair and your locks will make everyone stare at you again!
Take a look at some tips that will help you keep that beautiful grey tone:
- Use a moisturizing shampoo for gray hair to get rid of dryness such as the Phyto Phytargent Shampoo
- Use a clarifying shampoo to restore shine to your grey hair color
- Purchase a conditioner containing vitamin C to protect your hair from fading its color. The Alterna Caviar Blonde Brightening Conditioner is a great alternative as it rejuvenates your hair and contains Omega 3 which helps preserve the natural color
- Treat dry and brittle gray hair with a moisturizing conditioner. Try the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Moisturising 3-Minute Conditioner.
- Look for shampoos and conditioners made specifically for gray hair. Some recommended products are: Schwarzkopf Professional BC Bonacure Color Freeze Shampoo With Silver Reflexes, L'Oréal Professionnel Série Expert Silver Shampoo with Gloss Protect Systém for Gray Hair & American Crew Classic Gray Hair Shampoo
- Use gray hair treatments containing a bluish tint to prevent yellowing
- Mix a painted blue shampoo with a moisturizing shampoo regularly to reach the level of tint and humidity you want
- Remove the unattractive purple hue with a clarifying gray hair shampoo
Prepared by: Priscilla Eslo
notino.com beauty editor